I hate my name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my name

I am 10. So.... I go by a nickname, and its really ugly. It sounds like "mega" on some sort of angle. I said this to get u to realize how weird it is. So this girl in class, shes my friend, she said that my nickname in another language means a wierd body part. And its true. So why the heck did she research it? Do other people know? I am so embarrassed, and I wish I didn't have that name. Everybody asks me about my real name, but I dont say it, and I end up feeling and looking like a chicken. I am so embarrassed to introduce myself from now on.

I understand you may feel embarrassed, but it is important to be honest and genuine with friends so you can establish real friendships with other people. Try educating your peers on the history of your name/culture-with education comes understanding and acceptance. Please feel free to call us anytime at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Do you blame me? Now the case of the what ifs are kicking in. What if people know about it? What if people are to embarrassed to say it to other people. Please help change this thought, because I feel the pressure to self harm, although I know its wrong

Comment

We do not blame you for feeling embarrassed or being upset that people are questioning your name. Our identities are made up of lots of different pieces (one of them being our name), and of course when someone questions any part of our identity it can make us feel self conscious about who we are. Please know that you are not alone in your feelings. Many of your peers also probably feel self conscious about themselves, whether it be due to their name or another part of their identity. The important thing to remember is that you cant focus on the what if's. Stay true to who you are. Being different is not weird, it is something to celebrate and stand out. Afterall, if you look at some of your class mates, you will probably notice differences about them as well (skin color, hair color, name, etc.). If you are showing pride in your name, regardless of how different it may sound, others may not feel the need to question it. If someone does question your name and make you feel uncomfortable, know that you have the right to not continue an interaction with them, and to walk away. If you want to talk more about this or anything else, please call 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X