Depression?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression?

I have been really sad lately and don't know why, I can't help feeling sad all the time. I feel like it takes over me, like I'm sad and don't know why. I can't control it. I wanted to know if this is depression or not? So please respond to me as soon as you can please.

I am sorry to hear how sad you are feeling. It does sounds like you are struggling emotionally if you feel the sadness is out of your control. Getting professional help with maybe a psychiatrist would benefit you, I am not a doctor so I can't diagnose you with depression. That is why working with a therapist would benefit you to help sort out why your feeling so sad. I do not know how old you are but if you are in school, use the resources you have, such as a guidance counselor. Do you have an outlet that helps you get your mind in a better space? Activities you enjoy? Having an outlet is a good coping skill to help get your mind off of feeling sad, so try something, even talk to a friend or someone you trust. Just talking about your feelings can sometimes make you feel better.
    Just remember you are not alone and don't have to face these feelings by yourself. Please reach out to a professional today and if you need any further assistance or resources you can always call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7.

* I'm also including NJ Mental Health Cares as a resource @ 866-202-4357, they can connect you with services and information you need as well. I hope this has helped.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 11-07-2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

need to self harm

its cutting or dying

Comment

If you truly are feeling like you want to die, then call 911 or go to your local Emergency Room and they can help you immediately. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 or The Hope Center Hotline at (800) 784-2433, someone is there to help you through your crisis and can assist you in getting the professional help that you need. I am sorry that you are feeling so hopeless at this moment, but you are not alone so don't waste one more minute hesitating to call professionals for help. If you need 2NDFLOOR for anything you can always call us at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7. Please reach out to someone!

Comment

Self harm

Hello I'm 18 years old and I just started cutting myself a couple months ago..I've been hiding my cuts by wearing a sweater..just now my step mother just found out about my cutting and I'm scared that she's going to tell my dad. Knowing my dad he's going to be really mad and start asking questions on why I do what I do! I need help to avoid him asking me questions about my cuts

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X