Social Anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Anxiety

so today I looked up online social anxiety, and I am pretty positive I have that. I don't like to go out that much but when I miss stuff I feel left out. When I went to a new school I had to make new friends and I acted like someone I wasn't just to fit in and I always felt very uncomfortable around them. It did help my social anxiety because now, I know how to talk to people without getting so scared that I completely forget what I'm saying. But i still stutter sometimes and it makes me embarrassed. I get really nervous when I have to talk one on one with someone because I feel like i am not as exciting as their other friends. And I always see those "popular" girls who know what to say all the time and I just wish i could be like them because they look like they are having fun all the time. When i socialize with people who are "weird" i feel like i won't fit in with the "popular" kids, but I have more fun with weird people because they don't judge others. I feel like I am stuck in the middle of them because i have friends from both groups and I don't want them to think less of me. I am also getting better at self motivating myself because I can relax myself sometimes when I feel really anxious and then I feel like I can talk to anyone. But other times I just feel like going home and thinking about everything I could do better to be more social. It really sucks having social anxiety because I just want to be like everyone else and have a group of friends i fit in with. Is there a way to overcome social anxiety? and also how do you get comfortable with talking to just one person?

It can be difficult to find things to say when talking to people, especially when you feel like they are judging you. It is also quite normal to experience these feelings as a teenager. However you should never feel like you have to be pretend to be someone that you are not. On a positive note, it sounds like you have begun to develop ways to control your feelings of social insecurity. But remember, it is also ok to experience times when you would rather just be alone with your thoughts. Have you ever thought about talking to someone about these feelings? Like a counselor at school or a teacher you trust. They can be really great support systems and help develop more communication skills. You are also welcome to call 2ndFloor and speak with a counselor about some of your concerns. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X