shame of my name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shame of my name

HI second floor!!!! So- I am starting 7th grade and I am nervous about the first day because of something that u might think is stupid but scary for me... well, my name.... my name is so wierd, different and has a different accent, that is why I have a slightly less awkward nickname. My name is beautiful in Arabic, but does not reflect this way in English. " attendance" is the scariest word I hear in class because it means they are going to read my name out loud and it sounds so stupid and everybody looks at me. People used to always comment on my name and laugh, because it sounds funny when an American says it. They are not mean, but I have to admit my name is wierd. That is why have a bad first impression looking like a nerve wracked person.... And some people who dont know that I have a real name, always say, " so thats not your real name"? It makes me feel that people are laughing under their breath and making fun of me....

I am so happy you contacted 2NDFLOOR. You should contact your teachers to let them know how you feel. If you have a nickname, let them know that so when attendance is taken, your nickname can be used. If you do not have a nickname, let you teachers know not to say your name aloud in class because of how it makes you feel. Remember if students are making fun of you let someone in your school know. Either a counselor or and administrator. This country is made up of many cultures and not one should feel uncomfortable because of their culture. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always call 2NDFLOOR 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or you can post another message.

Comment

I got a idea but I need your opinion

I would really thank you for your response!! What do you think of this.... I can I write a note to every teacher telling her about saying my nickname outloud rather than my real name, just before the class starts... Now what if this does not work and how can I calm myself down just a second before this moment? Now sometimes calling 2nd floor is a good option for me, but I dont want anyone to eavesdrop because lets just say I don't have enough privacy, where can I call u do u think so i am alone?

Comment

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Something to consider...if you TELL your teachers your name/nickname out loud instead of writing it down perhaps they can pronounce it correctly to make you feel comfortable in class. Take deep breaths during attendance and don't be afraid to correct your teachers if they pronounce your name wrong so that everyone, teachers and peers, can learn how to say your name correctly. Try giving us a call from home to ensure privacy. We are available to you 24/7 at 1-888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X