School Work help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Work help

I've been back in a depressive slump recently- I don't want to do work and I know that's no excuse to not do homework or get assignments in, but I physically can't feel good enough to get anything done. This backfired recently after I had a glitch in my homework where it didnt turn in, and my teacher figured it out with me and just told me to get it done that night for -5 points late, but I didn't because I literally felt more like I wanted to self-harm than I'd ever before. I never go through with it, but I put off the assignment and now it's a week in. I'd lied to my mom about doing it since she can see my grades and assignments (im in high school, tho) I usually avoid emotional discussions with my parents because I never win and it's always just a me problem, but now I always feel like I want to tell them "I'm feeling depressed and like I want to self harm" but they don't really believe that mental health is real, and that you can just "get out" of something, so I've never told them how I feel. I don't know why I'm telling this story, but if anyone knows how or who I should tell that im feeling not well and the urges to hurt myself or how the hell i'm supposed to feel like doing stuff. Or like, how to get my parents to understand that my feelings are real and I can't just "stop" feeling this way.

Sometimes our feelings can get in the way of us completing our usual tasks. It is hard to make someone understand something that they just don't get and it seems like you've already tried telling them what's going on with you. Depending on your age, you could sign yourself up for mental health treatment in NJ at 16. It would be easiest with insurance, but if you don't have that you might be able to get on a waiting list for lower cost treatment. Another option might be speaking to your guidance counselor about what you're going through and maybe they can try to explain to your parents what is going on with you. Sometimes it's easier to hear from an outsider than someone that you deal with on a regular basis. Self harm is also not going to help make things easier so it's good that you've fought your urges so far, but you need to figure out something that is a healthy means of dealing with those feelings. Journaling, meditating, yoga, drawing, etc. whatever works best for you. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

If you're depressed, don't take medication, but see a psychologist. I think that's normal at the age of 16. Wishing you peace.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X