Dissociation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissociation?

I’m not sure of the proper terminology, but I think what I’ve been going through is dissociation? I sometimes feel like the world isn’t real, and that I’m stuck in some sort of dream. I don’t really see myself in the third person or anything, but it’s mainly like I’m in a movie, or I’m not fully here. When I zone out, I daydream, or feel like I’m disconnecting. This really only happens at school, and when I’m out of the house. My memory sort of slips from me, so I can’t really fully describe what goes through my head, triggers this, or how long exactly, but I know it’s definitely been more than two weeks.

What is this called? What should I do? What does this mean?

I am sorry you are feeling this way. Has anything happened to you recently that might be making you feel this way? I think it would be helpful to let someone in your family know and they can help you seek some help through counseling. If you would like to discuss this further please call or text 2ndfloor at 888-222-2228. Good luck.

Comment

Hey! As someone who struggles with mental health, try to talk to someone or a trusted adult about this. You can also call the hotline above to call anytime. I appreciate you talking in and using this way to talk to someone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X