Friend or foe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend or foe

I have a friend who constantly tells my parents everything about me when we are with them.

like we have dinner and she blurts out oh she likes so and so or she hates so and so

ive asked her to keep our private things private

otherwise she is totally my bestie, help!

What do you think her motivation is for doing this, especially after you've asked her not to? Do you think it is to embarrass you in some way? Maybe try to not react when she does it or until you get it figured out only share things with her that you are comfortable with her telling your parents. This way if she sees you aren't bothered by it, maybe she will stop doing it. The other thing you can try is to not invite her over for dinner anymore and if she asks why, you can tell her that you've asked her not to tell your parents these things, but she continues to do it. You can also text us for help at 888-222-2228.

Comment

If you have asked this friend not to share your private information that you tell her in confidence I would have another conversation with her and tell her how you feel. If this friend continues to do these things you don’t like, I would not tell her these details anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X