I feel alone..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel alone..

I have no friends at all. I use to have a whole group of friends but I couldn't stand them at all.. All they did was go places that had to do with money and transportation and I don't have those things. They weren't willing to drive for me or pay either. I started to avoid them and they seem better without me. I'm glad I decided I don't want to be friends with them, but now I feel alone. It's hard for me to make friends because of how shy I am. I have bad anxiety as well so people think I'm weird when they notice I get nervous than I should. I would join clubs in school but I'm not really sure. It would be a chance for me to make friends but I get afraid of making new friends because I feel they'll just end up like the group I use to be friends with. I'm really stuck here and I don't know what else to do.

I'm sorry-That's unfortunate because friendships shouldn't be based on materialistic things. On the other hand you should keep in mind that your old friends shouldn't have had to pay for you, etc. because that didn't mean that they didn't care about you. Also, different people like to do different things. I am sure you can find a group of friends who like to stay in more than go out places and spend money. First, you must get over your fear of making friends. The easiest way to do this is to become involved in something you are interested in like a sport or a club this way it makes it more comfortable to find a friend with similar likes. This is also a great way to start a conversation. Since it is summer and you will have to wait until the school year starts to do this maybe you can get involved in a camp or some other type of summer activity this way you can meet people in your area. Another idea- I am not sure how old you are but if you are of age or soon to be then you can also find a job that attracts young people and meet friends at work. Then you would also be making money to do some fun things with your new friends! I would suggest talking to your family about these things too. Also keep in mind that you are not the only shy person and there are other people who feel the same way as you do. If your anxiety gets that bad sometimes it may be a good idea to talk with your school counselor or school psychologist and they can help you even more! Also, you can always call our 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline too! We are here 24/7 at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X