Friend close to commiting suicide?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend close to commiting suicide?

Hello. First time here. My counselor lead me to this site, so I thought it could help.

So for the past week my online friend has been getting closer and closer to suicide. I have only found out about this earlier in the week, when he left a group chat and found out he was being made fun of and I checked the victim's messages. All I tried to sooth his lonely and dead-like feelings with my doodles that he loves to see, but it only made him smile for a few seconds. I'm starting to get worried because he overdosed on pills last night but is still alive. Whenever I try to tell him it'll be okay, he just rejects the idea and tell me not tell anyone of his depression. It concerns me so I decided to talk to my school counselor, but there's only so much a person can do from a screen, and I don't want him to die when he has so much to live for.

This is a really tough position to be in. It is really great that you reached out to your school counselor for help with this. It is also helpful that you recognized that there is only so much you can do from a screen and for a friend that you know from online. Perhaps you can say to him "I am here if you need to talk or want someone to vent to." You may even want to suggest some resources to him like talking to his parents, a therapist, his school counselor (point out that you found it helpful), an adult that he trusts, 2NDFLOOR, or even the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X