Why Don't My Friends Let Me Be Upset About My Own Problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Don't My Friends Let Me Be Upset About My Own Problems

It seems like everytime I try to reach out for help about my depression, all people do is try making me feel guilty and bad for them instead. I feel like my feelings don't matter, no one will listen. Everyone either changes the topic or keeps saying stuff about how bad their life is when it really isn't. When I say something like "I'm really upset" they'll say something like "..........Hey do you think he still likes me?" or "You know everyone hates me, i have no life " I get really angry when people do stuff like that, especially when they add in a smily face because I know they're trying to guilt me into feeling bad for them.

Perhaps everyone just does not understand what your depression is like for you. They may not understand what depression is or how it affects you. It may be really helpful to try explaining it to them. You may even want to express yourself to them when you feel they are trying to make you feel guilty. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X