?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

My mom thinks that the reason I'm cutting is because one of my best friends that has gotten thought it. My friend knew I was cutting, and tried to help me through it, but my mom thinks that she was the one that made me start. What to do? I've tried telling my mom the truth plenty of times.

I’m sorry you feel that you can’t get through to your mom, which must be hard! It is important that you get professional help for yourself though. Cutting is very dangerous, physically and emotionally. It would be helpful to reach out to an adult that you trust or a guidance counselor. Your guidance counselor can even talk to your mom with you so that you can get the support you need. Deciding to stop self-injury is a very personal decision, so remember, don't be discouraged. You can take steps to recognize and change your behavior with the right assistance.
    There is help out there so definitely take advantage of it, here is a great resource that can be helpful @ Teen Self Injury www.selfinjury.com or call the hotline at (800)366-8288 for information and give it to your mom as well. There are a lot of helpful categories on the website that can help you with her text messages, read the blogs on the site as well. Here is a number to NJ Mental Health Cares as well @ 866-202-4357 or visit them online @ www.njmentalhealthcares.org.
    If you need additional help with this call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X