I'm now lonely.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now lonely.

My boyfriend just broke up with me today. After I told him about my dad's cancer. The day after I lost a friend by talking her out of suicide. All I have now is my internet friend, but she lives in another state (and yes, we have met once, and yes she's real). But I have specific people I talk about stuff to and my boyfriend was the one I trusted the most. I don't trust my other friends with that information. Yes, my boyfriend and I are supposedly still friends, but he's ignored me all day. After a breakup, if I was dating a friend, I'd want to continue the friendship, and forget that we had broken up, going back to laughing with each other like we weren't even together. I don't have anyone to talk to right now and I've never felt this alone

I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult things that are going on in your life right now. I hope your dad will be ok... I can imagine how hard that must be. Even though your friend is not talking to you, you did the right thing. You should even report it to a trusted adult who can further help him or her since suicide is a very serious matter. Going through a break-up is definitely an emotional roller coaster, especially when it is with someone who you trusted the most. I understand you want to be his friend and go back to the way things were before you were dating, but that is not easy to do for some people...to act like it didn't happen and put all of those feelings aside. Respect the distance he needs right now and give it time, I can see why you feel alone right now, but just remember these are temporary feelings that will not last. You have a lot going on in your life right now which will all fall into place. I'm glad you have your internet friend to talk to (who is real ). Have you ever tried going to your guidance counselor at school and talking about your feelings with them? You can also call or text us anytime. We are here 24/7 at 888-888-2228. You can also try and give your friend our information, maybe she will reach out to us too. Good luck with everything and stay positive...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X