Smelly friend but idk how to tell her

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly friend but idk how to tell her

Ok so I have a friend who's really nice and all and were really good friends but sometimes she really smells and once I was braiding her hair and she had dandruff in it.. So I said I'll just like not braid her hair from now on.. But today I was at my locker and so was she and we were with some other "friends"... And so she leaves and someone else goes "oh my god she smells so bad she only showers like twice a week ew" and I said something like be quiet and such but I really feel bad if people keep talking behind her back and I want to tell her as a friend that like she needs to wash more often but I'm afraid cuz last year my other friend told her the truth about her crush and how like she honestly didn't see them together and she got so mad and ignored my friend for a long time and I don't want that to happen to me.. She's really sensitive and over reactive... Should I keep it to myself?

This sounds like a tough position to be in. It may be helpful to consider what you would want your friends to day/say to you if the roles were reversed. It is great that you defended your friend when others were talking about her. First, you can try mentioning it to the school nurse, teacher, or guidance counselor. Maybe they can be the one to talk to her about it. Or you can try discussing it with her. It would be helpful to talk to her in a way that is nonjudgmental, as well as talking to her somewhere that is private and away from others. You can try starting off by saying something like "I am not trying to sound mean or hurt your feelings, but as your friend I thought you should know.." Good luck! Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X