More than friends......?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than friends......?

So, I have a friend who we'll call H. H is a boy and I am a girl. This year, we became really good friends. We are now bestfriends. Since it's summer, I don't see him everyday and he is not going to the same school I am next year. We Snapchat almost everyday and a few days ago I stayed up late playing truth or truth with him. A lot of personal questions were asked. Later into the night he started commenting on how pretty I looked and saying weird things like that. And H isn't normaly like this. He has pretty dirty humor. But he started saying really cute stuff that kinda creeped me out. And towards the end of the night he said "wait.... I think I like you." Which was followed by "wait no, ignore that" which I already had bc it scared the crap outa me. I fell asleep and texted him the next day asking how things with his crush was going. He said "idrk... our conversation f***ed me up yesterday and now idk how to feel." I said okay and left it at that. But I've been ignoring him since then bc I'm scared to face him if any feelings have bloomed. I don't feel that way and he's really close. I'm avoiding him now, but I know I can't forever. What should I do?

It sounds like you guys have been really good friends for a while so it's not surprising that those feelings can sometimes be confused with something more. If you still want to be friends with him, then just talk to him. It might be that he has realized that he just likes you as a friend or realizes that you only feel that way about him. The more you ignore it the more distance will be created in your friendship and it sounds like you don't want that to happen. You can talk to him about how you feel or tell him that you just really want to be best friends with him and don't want that to affect his crushes or other potential relationships. You could also mention that you don't want that conversation to change your friendship. The choice is really up to you how you want to move forward from this. If you want to talk more you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X