afraid for my friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afraid for my friend

I am afraid that my friend is in a bad relationship. It seems to be ruining him mentally/emotionally.

Him and his girlfriend were going great the first 5 months, but i guess now the honeymoon phase is over. His girlfriend, yells at him a lot for petty things, calling him an idiot and such. And now, she puts her hands on him. Kicks him, slaps him, pushes him slightly. All because he does one thing she doesnt like, or cracks a joke at the wrong time. He used to like himself, but now he just calls himself an idiot and an asshole. I feel very bad for him. I tell him that its an unhealthy relationship, but he just ignores it. They seem to argue a lot. Whenever he has to go do something important, she says "ugh whatever" and hangs up on him, which makes him feel guilty for everything.

I have no idea what I should do and how, I want to confront it again but I do not want to lose him as a friend.

Have you tried talking to your friend about your concerns? Maybe just be honest and tell him what you have witnessed and that you are worried for him because you noticed a difference in his confidence. If your unsure about talking to him then write down what you would want to say. It is definitely hard to watch someone you care about be in a bad spot so also just let him know that you are there if he ever wants to talk. Here is a good resource you could tell him about or you could even look up info at Love is Respect at (866) 331-947 or visit the website @ www.loveisrespect.org & he can take a quiz @ http://www.loveisrespect.org/for-som...-healthy-quiz/. If you need to talk more about this or anything please give 2NDFLOOR a call at 888-222-2228 or text us anytime!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X