i don't know who my real friends are

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't know who my real friends are

ever since first grade i have had the same best friend and i barely ever socialized with anyone else. last summer she started becoming very rude and just kept lowering my self confidence so i made the courageous decision to confront her and tell her she was hurting me.after she told me she didnt really care i just tried to find new friends.which was surprisingly easy and i became part of the "popular" group in my grade. i became very close with only three people or so and we got along so so so well it was like the best friendship i have had. we never stopped laughing. but then i started getting excluded more and more from everything that happened. i feel like im losing everyone but i dont know why. i guess i might be picky but i have a very low self esteem and easily get upset if someone leaves me out. my mind starts to think about the endless possibilities of what could be wrong with me. i feel like im messing something up or doing something wrong. but my closest friends always turn on me at some point and so i dont have anyone to trust

Your friends turning on you does not necessarily mean you did something wrong. It could just be that the friendship was a short term one and you may have outgrown each other. In life you'll have different kinds of friends, some close, some long-term, some casual and some that you always think of, but just don't communicate as much. Friendships are a tricky thing to manage, but you shouldn't use them as a basis for your own self-esteem. Your friends don't make you who you are, you do, and friends can and should be people that enhance our lives, make them fun, and better, but they shouldn't make us feel bad or like your first example not care that they are hurting you. Maybe you want to start by asking some of them if there is a problem of some sort and maybe you can work it out if there is. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X