I lost my best friend for a good reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my best friend for a good reason

My best friend's name is J. Recently, I tried to commit suicide and I texted J when I was leaving the regular hospital to go to the mental hospital I was sent to. I really thought I could trust her, she was my best friend. I came back 6 days later and everyone at my school knew where I was. No one would talk to me until I asked one of my other close friends why everyone was looking at me, because I just told everyone I had the flu. She said everyone knows the truth because J went around telling everyone at lunch the first day I was absent. Now it's really hard to fit in a school becuse everyone knows. I don't know what to do about J because I ended our friendship once I found out she told everyone. I miss her so much though. I can't forgive what she did because it's changed my life, since I go to a small school everything spreads really fast. So everyone in my town knows. I just want our friendship back but I don't want her to think I would just come crawling back no matter what she does. Please help!!

Wow, that is a really tough thing to go through. I can see why you would feel really betrayed by your friend doing that. To answer your question, it is possible to be friends with someone that wronged you. You have to be able to forgive them for what they did. If you think you are capable of forgiving her, you can probably resume the friendship, just be cautious about what you tell her. She might not be the one you confide in, but you can use other people for that. As for crawling back to her, does she want to be friends, if so, then you wouldn't be crawling back, you would just be resuming your normal friendship (with being careful about what you share with her). It's a really difficult choice for you to make, but you should do it based on what is best for you and not what others are going to think. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X