Confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

Here's the situation, I really need some help I don't know who to turn to for help anymore. Sorry if it's lengthy :/

I have been friends with this guy, we will call him Drew. We are both high school seniors and we met in 6th grade and have been good friends since, he is my best guy friend. There is this girl, we will call her Melissa, who I have also been friends with. I haven't been close with her for as long but recently we have gotten close. Melissa and Drew then started dating. Melissa was a senior and me and Drew were juniors when they started dating. Melissa graduated and they continued dating, and I continued being really close friends with the both of them, especially with the girl. At the prom, Melissa stood me next to Drew and said "you guys will be good prom dates next year. I trust you to go to prom with him." Then at the beginning of this year, they were talking about Melissa going to prom even as a graduated student (it's allowed) so I was left dateless. I don't have many guy friends besides Drew. Recently, they broke up. I was very supportive of Melissa and was there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on, but Drew was still my friend. We were friends before he even met Melissa so that was not going to get in the way of our friendship. Recently things have been getting bad between them, they call each other and Melissa will curse him out and she thinks he is doing things purposefully to make her angry, but he is not. He is not that kind of person and I try to explain that but Melissa just won't believe me has gone a bit overboard. She always talks bad about him to me and I listen because I know she needs to get it out but at the same time it makes me uncomfortable because he is still my friend and I still talk to him in school and everything. Then Melissa kind of went off on me because me and Drew have gotten a little closer and she was upset that I wasn't supporting her or limiting my contact with him. She says me and him can still be friends but she thinks we are getting too close (and we have no feelings for each other AT ALL this boy is like my brother). She even made me feel guilty by saying that she thought our friendship was more important than mine with his, which doesn't seem fair to me. They then apparently had a conversation about prom because Drew wanted to ask me to go just as friends because it would be fun and she is not happy about that at all, even though all through the relationship she said she trusted me with him. I guess she has lost this trust? Drew thinks she is not being fair to me because if she was not in the picture I would say yes to him and he says that I always try to please everyone else and I need to think of myself because we do want to go with each other, it would be a lot of fun to go with one of my best friends but I don't know what to do because I don't want to overstep a boundary with her, even though she said she trusted me. I love both of them and I'm afraid I'm going to lose one if not both of them and I'm stuck in the middle of this and I just don't know what to do.

This is a really tough position to be in. It seems like you are trying to be fair to both of them, but that doing this is causing some issues for you. First, think about if you do really want to go to prom with him. Like you mentioned, it would just be a friendly date. So perhaps you can try explaining to her that you are just friends and you both needed a date. It is important to also think about what you want! If you really want to go with him, let him know! Ultimately, it is helpful to put yourself and your needs first. It seems a little unfair that you are being put in the middle of all of this, as well as a little overwhelming. Perhaps you can talk to both of them and explain that this is a bit overwhelming for you. Let them know how you feel. Good luck! Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X