Losing My Best Friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing My Best Friend

Up to this day I'm still not sure what happened. One day I come to school and talk to her during first period and she just gives me a mean look. For the past few weeks before this happened, I had noticed that she wouldn't really talk to me anymore and would just drift off, leaving me behind. Ever since sixth grade, we had been best friends. We would tell each other anything, constantly text each other, go over to each other's houses, and best of all walk to our classes together. The weekend before she started ignoring me, I had invited her over to my house to hang out and then go watch a movie together. Since she needed to go to her tutoring class, I invited another one of our mutual friends over. When she left, my other friend and I just watched some TV and talked while we waited for her class to end. We had already said that she would drive to the movie theater herself and my other friend and I would meet her there. As we walked into the movie theater, there were hardly any seats left so my friend and I sat all the way in the front next to each other. I didn't want my phone distracting me during the movie so I turned it off but before that, I had texted her telling her where we were seated. Over the course of the movie, I noticed that she hadn't come and when I turned my phone on, I saw a message from her saying, "I left." Immediately, I replied-1 hour after she texted me- asking her why she didn't come in. I never got a message back and during first period that Monday, I asked her the same question. From that point onwards, I have tried confronting her, asking her why she's ignoring me and why she's mad but she hasn't even made an effort to answer my questions. I don't know what to do. Currently, I'm asking my boyfriend, who is also friends with her, to keep trying to ask her why she's ignoring me. I really miss her and sometimes when I think of something and want to tell her, I realize that she isn't there anymore. I've apologized a million times, something I don't do to just anyone, and told her how much she means to me but it doesn't seem to waver her. I really don't know what to do.

I'm sorry to hear that! It sounds like you're making so much effort to apologize to her. I understand how this situation can be hurtful and confusing for you since nothing obvious happened. Real friendships are hard to find so I can get why you are so upset, but sometimes things can happen and it shows another side of a person. Maybe just let it be for a little bit. You have done all you can and now the ball is in her court. If you still want to reach out one more time then try to write her a letter explaining what happened, how you feel, and how you are leaving the friendship in her hands now. It sounds like you are good friend and did nothing wrong so don’t beat yourself up. Please call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 1-888-222-2228 if you need more advice! I hoped this helped some and keep your head up!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X