Feeling let down by a guy friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling let down by a guy friend

I've been friends with this guy for about a year now & I really, really like him. We both have iPhones so we facetime every day for hours & hours. He's been over my house before & met my family. I feel like I can be completely myself around him. I'm a typically a VERY VERY jealous person & the littlest things can set me off. This guy friend constantly tells me how he thinks this girl is pretty & that girl is pretty. It also really bothers me when he talks to other girls, texts other girls, & likes other girls Instagram pictures. I know, it's completely not my place to be mad. We aren't even going out right? But I feel like he will lose interest in me quickly & he will soon forget about me for some girl that's prettier & skinnier than me. He can totally tell when I get jealous too, he thinks it's hilarious. It's like he wants me to get jealous. It's not a good feeling. Also me & him joke around constantly. We make fun of each other on the daily. But some of the things he says to me really bothers me & I don't know how to tell him but when I do he just laughs it off & says sorry but pretty soon he says the same thing again. I'm totally head over heels for this boy. It's crazy. I think he is the only person that can put me in the best mood possible but at the same time he makes me depressed & upset. It's crazy. I feel like he doesn't like me the way I like him though. He just sees me as a friend & sometimes I even think he uses me. I don't know if I should even like him considerding how many times I've cried over him. Everytime I show him any kind of love or affection he seems cold & distant. But when he shows me even a slightest bit of love or affection I get instant butterflies & I become very clingy. He has asked me if I like him or not. I said that someday I do like him & someday I don't. Because well it's true, somedays he is an absolute sweetheart to me & that's when I love him & other days I feel like he sees me as nothing. When I told him this he seemed kind of happy that somebody liked him. And almost everyday he asked me "Do you like me today?" And usaually I just laugh it off & don't answer. Does he like me? Any advice?

It is always important to be honest in relationships. Communicate openly with your friend regarding your feelings and depending on his response you can decide how you want to move forward with this relationship. There is no way to know for sure if he likes you unless you ask him. However, you should prepare yourself for every response he may give you and decide how you are going to cope with those different responses before you have the conversation with him. It sounds like you may feel a little bit insecure---try to build your self-esteem as this can cause issues in any relationship. It is important that you recognize your own personal value and worth and the positive things you can bring to any relationship. If you can't recognize those things within yourself, other people will have a difficult time recognizing them, appreciating them, and respecting them as well. Please feel free to call the helpline at 1-888-222-2228 we are available 24 hours/7 days a week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X