Do I help her or not? And if so how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I help her or not? And if so how?

I have this friend, we've been friends for sometime. She's adventurous and daring. She had some body image issues, and she lost weight, not in a dangerous way, she lost weight in healthy style. We entered High School in different schools. She is comparing herself to other girls, for a time she was upset about her weight, but lost some more weight, and then felt self conscious about another part of her body. I feel like her happiness depends on how she looks at herself. But it shouldn't. She's been sad and upset and I don't want to admit it but she's snapped at me. Also, she can't speak to her parents, she doesn't have a close relationship with them. Something that only adds to her stress. She truly tries her hardest to please them in every single way, but it doesn't ever seem to be enough. She admits there was a time in her life where she self harmed, it was a while back. As far as I know she doesn't hurt herself now, but I always wonder if she's holding something back from me. I'm not there to help her during school. I've always been the friend to help her out when everyone else was against her. But now I'm not there. She might need counseling, a therapist, someone who can talk to her. Someone besides me. But who? Her parents are downright out of the question. Could she speak to 2nd floor? Would it be enough? She's sad, and maybe even depressed. How can I help my friend?

It is understandable why you are worried about your friend and coming to 2NDFLOOR was a great way to help! Self-esteem, body issues, and depression are topics we deal with quite often and your friend is at an age where these feelings are common. It can be hard for anyone to speak openly about these types of things, even to a close friend. I would recommend giving her 2NDFLOOR's number as well as telling her about our website. Our helpline is confidential and anonymous so she may not be as nervous or uncomfortable confiding in us. It could also be a first step for her to search for help on a more regular basis such as a counselor she can speak to in person. If you need any more help 2NDFLOOR is here 24/7 give us a call! 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X