Social Life/ High School

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Life/ High School

I've been back at school for a week, and wish it was the summer again. I don't really have many close friends, who i hang out with outside of school, but im not like a loser or anything because im on the tennis team, and I talk to people there, and I have some guy friends also, but I'm not like close enough with them to hang out with them outside of school. I don't know a lot of people in my grade at my school, as in we have the same "popular circles" as we did in the 3rd grade. Im so sick of my school, everyone is obsessed with wearing the right thing, and everyone has a ton of money, and is competitive. People in their circles are rude and don't talk to me for whatever reason, and Im stuck sitting at the same table as i did last year, with people im not actually close with. I used to feel closer to them last year, but since the summer, I feel like we are in different places, like we are close friends, but when we are together for too long, we start to annoy each other, just like personality clashes. I don't want to be stuck at the table again this year and I want to have more friends, but idk how. I dont really want to show up at a table with a bunch of people, I like never talk to and would be like "why are you sitting here", and i don't sit with my guy friends at lunch, they are sophmores, and I'm a junior and I would be the only girl sitting there, so it would be wierd. I just wish I had more people I could talk to like about things, like the people I was friends with last year are different from me, and all in AP classes and its all they talk about and none of them ever do anything but freak out about their "A- in AP physics", when I try my best only to get b's in regular classes, I'm so sick of hearing about it, it just makes me feel worse about myself, and people smirk at me across the cafeteria, because I sit there. I'm SOO sick of my high school. The end of last year, I started to get depressed from spending too many weekends at home, and it went away over the summer, when I made new friends, who were also visiting when I was away over the summer, but now they are in college in florida and I'm in massachusetts, so I cant hang out with them like during the weekend ect. I just don't know what to do, because I don't want this year to be like last year, and I'm already involved in things at my high school, and I still talk to people, I just need to make this year better. I know this is long, any suggestions?

Reponse to Social life/High School

Hi Social life/ High School,

It seems like this is very frustrating for you. You said that you are friendly with people on the tennis team but not enough to spend time with outside of school. What would happen if you asked one of your tennis teammates to hang out on the weekend? Maybe if you asked a tennis teammate to practice with you on the weekend, it may be a way to begin to build a closer friendship with him or her. This may open up the possibilites of having different friends to sit at lunch with. Also, you mentioned being involved in other activities at school. What other activties are you involved in besides tennis? Being in involved in various activities at school is a great way to meet other students who are interested in some of the same things as you. Also keeping in touch with the friends you made over the summer can be helpful in feeling connected with them even though they are at college.
    You also stated feeling depressed last year, in what ways did you feel depressed? Now that school has started how do you feel now? If you continue to feel this way your school counselor is someone that you can talk to to help you get through this difficult time. Also remember 2NDFLOOR Helpline is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, so please call us anytime at 888-222-2228 with any issues or concerns you may have.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X