Lost a friend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a friend?

So I am friends with this girl named N. We are bestfriends. We fight a lot because we are both stubborn and don't like to admit we are wrong. Sometimes I try to be the bigger man but a lot of times it's really hard. Today we got in a fight about friends. A while ago, she was talking sh!t about one of my friends and I asked her not to do that around me. She said she can say what she wants. Today, I was talking about a boy named C. I said he was a d!ck and I didn't like him. She got really defensive cause I guess they were friends. We kept arguing about it and she said she was tired of my petty sh!t and to grow the fu#k up. This really hurt my feelings. Then she said "I'm done. I'm tired of your dumb sh!t everyday. I'm done with you being childish. I'm done with you getting involved in everybody's else's buisness." She called me a hypocrite and a child. She said she was done with my bullsh!t because i can't admit when I am wrong. "I am tired of this. Whatever we call this friendship is obviously not a friendship because you pick fights over stupid childish stuff. No just leave me alone. I'm actually done this time. No second chances." I really care about N and I don't want to lose her over this stupid fight... What should I do?

It's not strange for friends to fight. A lot of times people are drawn to people that are like them so they clash, eg. two "stubborn" people would probably fight often because neither would admit they are wrong or be willing to look at other people's side of things. One the things you (and maybe her when you start talking again) can work on is developing a pause button. That's when you are having a conversation that is becoming heated or you start getting frustrated. Ask the other person for a pause and take a break from the conversation. Maybe later on one of you will see the other person's side or maybe whatever you are arguing over will not even seem worth the fight. In any case, try asking yourself when you fight what's more important, being friends or being right. If it's being friends, then fighting about things isn't going to help you. If it's whatever the argument is about, remember it might cost you the friendship. In any case good luck with your friendship and mending what's been damaged. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi, I'm the same person, and I just lost this same friend for good this time. She did some sh

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X