Friends are obsessed with there boyfriends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends are obsessed with there boyfriends

My friend has changed so much since she started dating this new kid no offense but he is so obnoxious from my point of view but I would never tell her that. the part that bothers me is that she forgot about all of her "best friends" I have know this girl for 10 + years She went from going to the mall every day to riding quads with her boyfriend all the time. I spoke to other girls that me and her were both friends with and they all say she doesn't talk to them as well anymore. She tells me sorry she "doesn't have time for me" after I asked her why she never try's to make plans w me when she turns me down every time I ask her to do something. so I stopped talking to her bc true friends can make time to atleast say hi once in a while and I found I was the only one doing that. It would be different if she was busy with school or her life at home but every day there she is with her boyfriend. From what I can see she really doesn't have any girl friends anymore. I guess she's happy with just her boyfriend and no one else. they've been dating for like a year and she is a completely different person. I know this sounds mean But I'd just like to see how she'd feel if they ever broke up bc i don't think she'd have many friends left. To be honest I really wouldn't care bc it's not like she cares about anyone of her old friends so why should I care about her. I just can't understand how some one could do that to all her friends for a guy she really hasent been dating or has known for that long. She'll learn one day when they break up and I'll just say sorry "I don't have time for you"

Unfortunately, this happens sometimes in life. More often than not, when people are in a relationships, especially one that is new and exciting, they tend to want to spend time with their bf/gf and have less time to spend with friends. The good news is that it's typically not as extreme as you're describing. It really sounds like your friend isn't doing much to spend time with her friends at all. It's easy to see how this can make you frustrated or even angry. Since you can't force someone to hang out with you, and probably wouldn't want to anyway, let her do her thing and you do yours. You don't have to be enemies, but you just aren't as good of friends as you once were. Friendships do change throughout life. Sometimes they are stronger and sometimes they drift away. Whatever ultimately ends up happening to your friendship, remember it's less of not wanting to hang out with you and more that she want's to be with her boyfriend. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X