Commitment Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commitment Issues

I feel like i have commitment issues or troubled relationships between my friends and i. Ive recently entered high school and i formed a new group of friends, some of which i think are loyal and some of which i question. This group is always nice to me and we've never faught, you would think that everythings going fine. In the past, my friends have always mistreated me; i felt as if i was being bullied or as if they secretly didnt like me and in some cases that was true. This has happened so much to me that i dont know if my friends are being fake with their affection towards me or if they genuinely consider me a friend. I do have a group of friends that i know are genuine but unfortunately i only see them once or twice a year and they live far away, so i know what genuine friendship feels like. I really want to get over this fear of secretly being lied to and surrounding myself with only people who dont actually like me. I dont want to have a conversation with them about it cause either way theyre going to say something like: "yes i like you of course youre one of my bestfriends" and theyll be no way to know if theyre honest or not. Also, i dont feel comfortable talking to them about this. So if you have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

It can be really tough to feel like a friendship isn't genuine. It sounds like you have dealt with some dishonest friendships in the past. Is there a reason why you think they may not be genuine? Did they say or do something? It is possible that this is all a misunderstanding, which is why it is usually helpful to talk to them about it. Since you do not want to do that, you may instead want to reach out to your group of friends that you consider genuine, but that live farther away. Perhaps if you explain the situation to them, they may be able to help you sort it all out. Also, remember that healthy friendships require honesty and communication. If you really believe that this is lacking in your current friendships, than it may be best just to move on and meet new people. Nobody deserve to be treated poorly by friends. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 to talk about this more!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X