My friend found her mom's bf dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend found her mom's bf dead

My friend today told me she found her mom's bf dead when she got home, she told me the story and how the cops came and she explained to me her feelings and she seems very depressed, I'm trying my best to keep her happy but i don't know what to do, she's my friend and I care for her a lot, she's like a sister to me and it breaks my heart to know she's depressed because I also have depression and I wanna be there to help, if you many can you please give me some advice on what to say to her I would really appreciate it.

I am sorry to hear that your friend is going through such a traumatic experience. It sounds like she is lucky to have you to talk about her feelings. Just remember that this trauma is not something that you alone should try to take on, she needs to talk to a grief or trauma counselor to talk about her experience. I don't know how old you both are, but if you are in school then go to your guidance counselor, he or she can help you. Maybe you could encourage her to talk to guidance because guidance can also get outside help as well with parental consent and it sounds like that is something that she is going to need. Here is the link to Grief Speaks @ www.griefspeaks.com and NJ Mental Health Cares at (866) 202-4357 & their link is www.njmentalhealthcares.org.
    Also, either of you can call us anytime to talk, we are here 24/7 or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Her mom's bf

Today in school she kept on crying and not wanting to talk to the councilor, I tried to convince her to but she kept crying and at lunch I was crying to because it really did hurt me to see her cry, I don't know what to do like this situation is very insane, I been threw a lot of stuff in my life but nothing like that I just don't know what to do, I want her to talk to the councilor but she don't want to, she's scared there gonna take her or something, she also told me her mom is gonna find her someone to talk to but I know my friend and I know she's not gonna wanna talk.

Comment

Won't listen to me

I tried to convince my friend to talk to the councilor but she wouldn't go, she got no sleep last night and she's tramazized, she was crying in school and I don't know how to help, I want to be there for her and help her, I feel like she needs someone to talk to but she says she trusts no adults, it's really traumatizing she has to go threw all this, she actually saw the dead body and was the one who found the dead body

Comment

I am truly sorry to hear that your friend experienced something so shocking and I understand why she would be upset about this. If she is that visually upset in school, go to the counselor and tell them what is going on. What do the teachers do or staff at the school so when they see her crying? Try to grab one of them and say that she needs help quietly and a space to get herself together privately, staff could let her go to the nurse to lay down for awhile. Use the resources that are available to the both of you so that you are not trying to take on this all by yourself. Guidance can support her and get her the help that she needs. You are absolutely a great friend but make sure that you are feeling okay emotionally as well. I wish you both well and if you need to talk ever, call or text us at 888-222-2228.
          Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 01-27-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X