My old best friend/brother

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old best friend/brother

I had this friend who was my only best friend/big brother to me. We used to talk a lot until like 2 in the morning, talk about anime (Japanese shows), and be together like brother and sister. Until he met someone else from California, he stopped talking to me and caring about me like he used to. Nowadays, when I say hi all it would say is that he saw it and he replies back after like hours,a day, or more than a day. We barely even talk and when I told him I was depressed I didn't tell him that it was because of him. And since my mom saw how I upset I was she took me shopping but since I saw like a bunch of people together, I just started breaking down because that just shows how alone I am, I mean I have friends but I haven't had any contact with them and none of them are going to the same high school as me except for my best friend/brother. And, I can tell that my best friend doesn't care about me because on Facebook I would see status of him tagging his friend from Cali and how close they are. I even tried being friends with his friend but his friend doesn't talk with me because he only likes my best friend which makes me even worse. I can't even sleep at night and I would cry to sleep and when I try to tell my best friend he just completely ignores me and that makes me more worse than I was. My best friend used to always be there for me but now it all just stopped just for one person. Now, I'm starting not to think of him as my best friend or brother anymore because he doesn't care about me anymore he only cares about his stupid friend from California. But, now thinking about it, I really hate him now. So,what should I do?

It can be really difficult to feel like a friendship changed or ended. Sometimes relationships change as people get older. It may be really helpful to reach out to him and let him know how you feel. He may not be aware that this is hurting you. Also, it sounds like your mom has been a really great support system for you, so you may find it helpful to talk to her about this. It may help just to express yourself. Maybe you can even try reaching out to your friends that you haven't had much contact with. You can always try to see them after school or on weekends. Or you may even want to consider joining a club, sport, or activity at school to make some new friends. Remember, nobody deserves to be treated poorly by others, including friends. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Been there. It stinks. If you explain to him how what he is doing is hurting you and he still doesn't get it, then he's not a good friend. You'd be better off moving on. It may take a while to meet your new best friend, but there is someone out there who will try to always be there for you.

Comment

Thank you so much for providing helpful resources and kind words! You offered some really great advice =). Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 if you have a problem that you want to discuss!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X