i don't know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't know

my friend(6th) has been self harming and saying that she's going to kill herself because she thinks that the world would be better without her and her foster parents (her real mom and dad split up and dad moved away) are saying that she is ruining their relationship and that she's going to hurt her foster sister (which she never would since she loves her) and i've tried to help her by being the person that she can always talk to but i know she needs help and isn't getting it and i don't know what to do

Getting help for your friend is the first thing that needs to be addressed. If you believe that your friend could harm herself in the meantime please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1 (800) 273-8255 or call 911 right away. It's also important to tell an adult that you feel comfortable talking to. This is not something that you can do on your own. She will need a large support system. Maybe talk to your parents or a teacher at school (if you go to the same school). They will have the best resources to get her the professional help that she needs. Also encourage your friend to reach out to the suicide prevention lifeline. You're being a great friend by asking how to help her get through this. Remember this is not something to try on your own, involve adults that you trust, and continue to support her and listen to her. Now as far as where she is living, If she is not safe in her foster home then you or she can also call Department of Child and Protection & Permanency to report child neglect at (877) 652-2873 or she can tell her case manager. Her case manager can also get her the counseling support she needs. If you need more help give 2NDFLOOR a call or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 05-26-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X