Give up on him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give up on him?

Hi. I try to help my friend but he always says he doesn't want my help. I know I can't force someone to get help but I want to help him even though he has emotionally hurt me I don't wanna give up on him like people gave up on me. He takes pills I don't know what kind of pills but he takes them and I don't want him to die. I'm not talking to him now because like I said he hurt me. He goes to a counselor but he doesn't want help like maybe he does wanna die. I don't know what to do because he doesn't want my help and we are not talking but I still care about him which I hate that I still do even though he hurt me i don't wanna see him dead.

What a good friend to care so much about someone even though you are currently not really speaking. The best way to help him is to make sure the adults in his life are aware of the different ways he is hurting himself. Even if he is in therapy, does not mean he is telling his therapist everything he has going on right now. Let a mutual teacher or guidance counselor know so they can notify his parents, or if you know his parents you can let them know what is going on directly. Making sure that he is ok is probably the best thing you can do as a friend, even if you aren't currently close and speaking. Call or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Miss him

Currently right now I still don't talk to him but i want to confront him and I want him to know that I still care for him and he's not alone. I also kinda miss him being my friend and talking to him lol I know right it's stupid but I don't know if that's a good idea and I want him to know that if he ever needs help I'm always here if he needs me.

Comment

I am happy you got in touch with 2ndFloor to discuss this issue with your friend. It sounds like he could use some support. Why don't you reach out to him just to check up? Just let him know you were thinking about him and you wanted to see how he was. Let him know you miss being friends with him and see what he says. Remember you have no control how he reacts but at least you know you tried. Also, if you are concerned for his safety or well being, please let an adult know so they could make sure he is emotionally well. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please don't hesitate to reach out to 2ndFloor by phone or text @ 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Highschool . High friends

My best buddy is high. He's messaging me things like, " call the cops, a unicorn I'd eating my couch!!" And I have no clue how to help him. HELP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X