Long Dostance Friend Self Harm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Dostance Friend Self Harm

At my summer camp, I met a new friend who had previously struggled with depression and self harm. We grew close but haven't communicated very much since then (she lives far away). Now, I see on her social media that she is struggling with depression again; she laments daily about her intelligence level, weight, and self-worth, and often resorts to cutting. I want to help her recover, and I plan to send her some encouraging messages, but beyond that, I don't know what I can do. I don't know if her mother knows about it, but I have no way of contacting her or any other person who could help my friend. Any advice?

Well, I am happy you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. She is lucky she has a friend like you who wants to help her. If you would like to reach out to her via social media, please feel free to give her our number and let her know that there is always someone here to help.
    You can also give her the following website: www.selfinjury.com. It has a lot of information and a helpline for self harm. If you really feel needs support immediately, you should report it to the social media site.
    Do you know what school she goes too? If so, you could contact the school too.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact 2ndfloor 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or you can text daily between 4-8 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X