Alone forever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone forever

I'm getting really scared I'll never have any friends. I've been going through a rough time because I'm disabled and not able to work. But I've been mostly friendless for a very long time.

Before this I used to have a lot of fake friends. And most of my relationships were dysfunctional until I got diagnosed with bipolar.

I have basically one friend now. He's really supportive and I can confide in him because he has a mental illness too.

I really think all of this screwed me up a lot. I don't know how to be myself or relate to other people. I feel like I live in a closet and I want to come out of it but it feels so scary and I'm scared what people's reactions will be. I know I can be different, but its so hard.

What if I can't get over this?? Its hard to make my therapist understand. I feel like no one understands and thats scary.

I can't be alone like this anymore its driving me nuts.

Feeling alone can be scary. But look at what you said. Before you used to have a lot of fake friends, but at least now you have one friend that is real and really supportive. It's important to build relationships that are meaningful and add something to your life. This can take time, especially if you feel that people don't understand you. You may have to put yourself out there and try opening up to other people before you build more of these relationships like your friend now. Have you considered joining a support group for individuals with a mental illness? You aren't alone. There are so many people going through similar situations and that can relate to you! Don't give up. This is not a permanent situation, it just may take time to find these people. If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X