How to talk to a friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to talk to a friend

One of my best friends graduated from our high school a year early to attend college. Since then she has began using drugs like acid, shrooms, and cocaine very often. I have seen people in my own family struggle with cocaine addiction and i'm so scared something is going to happen to her. How do i tell her that i'm concerned about her without her insisting she doesn't have a problem?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Luckily she has a great friend like you who is concerned about her. You just need to be honest about how you see it from the outside. She may still insist that she doesn't have a problem and continue to make bad choices, but the best you can do is try and help her see that she has a dangerous problem. You can talk to your friend in a concerned way without being too overbearing...maybe even giving her examples of how you have seen people in your own family struggle and the turnout for them. Ultimately she is going to make her own choices with how to live her life, but the least you can do is try! If you would like to talk about this further please give us a call here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good luck!

Comment

I don't know how to talk to my best friends

Ok so I just recently called about an issue I had with 2 of my friends. So Marissa, Jordan and I are really close we r basically sisters. But for some reason I can't seem to tell them anything. Marissa found out I didn't tell her anything and she txted me and said "Eva why don't u ever tell me anything" and I don't know what to say Bc I try to tell her thjngs but for some reason I can't I feel like I'm going to get judged. So now I just texted Marissa and she just read it and didn't respond so now
      I don't know what to do

Comment

Sometimes opening up to friends can be difficult. Have you tried explaining to them why you are unable to tell them as much as you want to? If you tell them you are afraid of being judged this may help start the conversation and give you a chance to feel more comfortable talking to them. This gives them an opportunity to tell you that they won't judge you for things that you talk to them about. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

its okay

tbh its okay to not feel comfortable telling your friends everything, they don't need to know everything, so if they keep asking just tell them nicely that you don't feel comfortable telling them or you could work on being able to tell them. friendships are worth the effort

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X