I don't know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do

So I recently transfered to a new school and I don't know many people or anything about them. I did make 3 new friends but today at lunch one of them (we'll call him Jim) started acting really strange, kind of loopy. I've known him for about a week now and he's strange, and he'll intentionally say 'stupid' kinda silly stuff to make us laugh, but he just didn't seem fully present. I asked my other two friends, and one of them(we'll call him Zack) sometimes jokes about Jim being high. The other friend (we'll call her Marie) noticed that this behavior was strange too. Marie said she never noticed this before but it seemed like he was actually high. We talked about it and I asked Zack about what this joke thing was. Apparently Jim sometimes falls into this behavior and through a lot of confused jumbled words, it sounds like Jim might actually be doing drugs. I still don't know for sure, and Zack won't say anything to confirm it, but I'm worried about Jim. I'm afraid to say anything without anyone else to back me up or proof considering I'm the new kid that could just be babbling on, but I'm really worried what will happen if Jim really is doing drugs...I don't know what to do. I'm scared I might loose my new friends with just randomly pinning blame.

Talking to friends about your concerns can be difficult and I can understand why you are feeling cautious being new to the group. However, you don't have to blame anyone for their behavior or how you are feeling. You could talk to "Jim" about your concerns. You could even ask him if there is anything he wants to talk to you about. Let him know that you are there for him and that you worry about him. This doesn't have to be an argument and you don't necessarily need people to back you up. You're just a concerned friend. Maybe Jim will be angry or maybe he will understand where you are coming from. We can never really know what people are going through in their personal lives. If this behavior continues and you are still worried about him you could always talk to someone at your school such as a guidance counselor. I hope that this helps. If you need to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X