this is a really bad decision!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a really bad decision!

Okay, so I have a friend (we'll call her Diana) who is really sensitive, she recently wen through a break up and she's extremely afraid to do anything that might upset someone or end in someone being upset at her. Tonight Diana told me she thought her sister (we'll call her Mia) was suicidal. Diana told me her friend had actually showed her pictures of messages saying mia wished death for herself. I told Diana she should talk to her parents but she refused and said that Mia really liked her old friend (we'll call her Jane) and Diana should ask Jane to ask Mia if she was suicidal. I told Diana this plan was bad because Mia might not tell Jane, but Diana was convinced Mia would tell her. Diana doesn't want to tell her parents and get Mia upset, and possibly mad at her. I tried to tell Diana to just go to her parents but she said it was going to work. I know from first hand, it might not work. Diana says that she knows Mia well enough and that will confess to Jane, but I know depression and suicidal thoughts can forge lies and boundaries. I want Diana to tell her parents, or even if I could, but Diana's afraid of what this could do, and to be honest, so am I. I hate myself for not just telling Diana's parents, or even mine, and I can't convince Diana to do it either. I know that we're both making a big mistake. If Mia really is suicidal this could be really bad and there's some coward in me that just can't speak up. I don't know how to convince Diana to tell her parents, or just to convince myself to tell her parents. I even tried calling second floor but I got scared and hung up. I don't know what to do. I just need something to tell my friend, or push me to tell someone.

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. If your friend is having thoughts of suicide or has a plan to commit suicide then it is important to tell someone. You can also contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 and they can get help right away!

If you have a relationship with her parents then maybe you can talk to yours and then talk to her parents together. It’s important to remember you do not want to have this on your shoulders alone because if your friend goes through with this then you will forever carry that burden. There are professionals out there that want to and can help. If you girls are in school, you can also tell your guidance counselor and he/she can get you immediate assistance as well. Listen, it may be difficult for your friend to hear that her parents know how she feels, but the only thing that matters is that she needs help right now!! If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X