She doesn't even care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She doesn't even care

So I have a friend (we'll call her Ruby) who I text a lot. We talk at school a lot too, but we have the most time to after school. I recently introduced her to role-playing, where you pretend to be someone and you make a story off of that with the other person, and she really liked the idea. We would do that a lot over text, but she got really obsessed with it. In one role play I had a friend portray a character, and Ruby was getting aggravated with the character, and bluntly insulted my friend. I tried to defend my friend, and Ruby just brushed it off and told me to reply to the role-play. I didn't text her back for a full day, and when I did, I asked her to apologize and after typing sorry she went right back to the role-play. This wasn't the first time either. Many times, she'll do something rude and just pretend it never happened. She'll snap at me and say nasty things, then without apology just tells me to respond to the role-play. She also always expects me to reply right away, even if it's past 1 am and I'm asleep. She gets bugged if I don't reply within five minutes. I tried to get her to calm down, and she flipped out. It seems she doesn't care about me anymore. The only reason she texts me is to role-play.

It sounds like you and your friend are going through a difficult time in your friendship. Have you tried discussing how you have been feeling about the way that she has been acting? She may get upset but you don't need to reply to her texts right away. Be clear with her about what you expect from friendships. You could tell her that you want to put role-play on break for a bit and just talk to her as your friend. Maybe you could offer a suggestion to do something else fun together. If she is your friend she will understand where you are coming from. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8 PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X