Help! I need it for my friend.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need it for my friend.

My friend is really nice to me. I just moved to this new town, and into a new school. She took me up as a friend when we were both trying out for track. She doesn't curse like the other kids and she always cares for others.
    Her parents divorced when she was a toddler, but she is really happy and isn't bothered by her past. She loves to write, watch anime, and talk to people. She is also really into zodiacs.
    But the other day she was really sad. She usually straightens her hair, but she came with it all messy and abnormal. She didn't have her zodiac charm or her anime necklace, which was REALLY weird. She always has them. She was all gloomy and anti-social the whole time during math class, and during lunch she only at a couple bites of her sandwich. It wasn't until I gave her my chocolate made her come outside and eat lunch with me that she started to lighten. (#chocolateworksmagic ;P) When we went to the next class, she told me that she was feeling sort of depressed. She passed me a note and it said "Over the past week, I've had this little voice in my head telling me to do suicide."
    I got sort of scared, but I'd had that feeling once before. Later I told her about my previous experience. I think that I talked sense into her.
    Today, she was not at school. I'm not super scared, because her mom has to take care of a newborn, so sometimes her mom can't drive her.
    I'm just concerned. Should I leave the situation alone? I really don't know. Advice, please!

TYSM. B) :3

It's great that you want to help your friend and so far you have done everything that a good friend can do! Depression is difficult because many times that person doesn't realize that they don't always have to feel this way. Continue to be there and listen to her as a friend, but you also want to encourage her to talk to her parents about the way she’s been feeling. As great as it is that you are there for her, also realize that it is not your responsibility to make sure she gets better. That’s a huge burden to have on your shoulders alone, so make sure that you tell someone you trust and if you get too concerned tell her mom or guidance counselor right away! Here are some resources you can pass along to your friend too. First, here is the number to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline @ 800-273-8255 or the Hope Center Hotline @ 800-784-2433. Here is a suicide prevention website that is designed for a suicidal individual to read, it has emotional support, poems, facts, jokes, & resources @ www.metanoia.org/suicide. If you want to talk more give 2NDFLOOR a call, we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X