friend told me stuff..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friend told me stuff..

my friend recently told me about how whenever he's sad or depressed that he drinks alcohol. I hate alcohol, I never want to drink it, since I know how bad it is for you. but what do I do? he told me not to tell anyone... but I feel like if I do tell an adult, he won't be my friend anymore and they'll like put him in jail or something because he's a minor. pls help

Drinking can be dangerous especially when it is used to cope with certain emotions. If you talked to an adult you trust about it your friend wouldn't go to jail. He has the potential to go to jail if he was say driving under the influence or intoxicated in public. If you report it to your parent or his they would be able to talk to him about how he was feeling, they wouldn't just call the police. He may be angry at you first or feel betrayed. Another option is to talk to him about it. Ask him why he is feeling the way that he is and why he uses alcohol to cope with those feelings. However, sometimes we need to realize that we can't handle these situations on our own and you may need to reach out for help. If you want to talk more give 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline a call anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us every Friday 4-8PM at 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X