Why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Me and my best friend Jake (not real name) got into an argument. I self harm and I often contemplate suicide. So when I told him he was utterly shocked and said we shouldn't be friends until I'm "mentally stable" we talked later and he said he was uncomfortable with being my friend because I'm a depressed freak. This crushed my heart. That night I thought about it alot and was thinking of seriously hurting myself and I sent a goodbye message to all my friends. My other best friend Emily immediately called me and rushed to my home and stopped me in time. The next day she and some other friends told my guidance counselor who then recommended I speak with you. I'm depressed. I'm very stressed because of school and people bully me. I always feel alone. When Jake was told o almost hurt myself he just looked at me like I was another person and didn't care. He gave me these looks and I just felt bad around him. I didn't do anything wrong is what Emily said, but I almost killed myself. Is that a reason to not talk to your best friend? I'm so confused on what to do. My parents are getting me a therapist but I don't want one. My friends are still scared I'll try it again and the worst part is I don't think life will be much different without me. I'm just another face in the crowd. Someone who can be easily forgotten. 2nd floor if I went away would anyone really care? Because I know Jake won't so if someone like my best friend won't then why would the rest of the world? Please give me advice...

Hi! Thanks so much for posting on our Message Board and I think it was very important that you did. Sometimes when people are depressed and self harm the people around them do not know what to do or say so sometimes they don't say anything and keep their distance. That sounds like Jake and you know what? Not everyone can be like Emily - WHAT A GREAT FRIEND! Here's the thing: depression causes our thoughts to be different. When depressed our thoughts make certain things seem worse than they actually may be. Example: you think life would not be much different without you and you are just another face in the crowd. Really? Well, Emily for one rushed to your house and your friends are presently worried about you. Sounds like somebody is important to them and not just another face in the crowd. See what I mean? This is why THERAPY is SO IMPORTANT. Therapists help you to identify thoughts that are not accurate and contributing to depressed mood and how to think more reasonable about what is happening around you. So to answer your question YES! Everyone would care if you went away. Jake is one person and you are putting to much emphasis on his reaction. Focus on the people who are there for you right now. Keep talking to your school counselor as well. Is the bullying issue going to be addressed? It has to be so if it is not please message back and we will assist you in getting your school to investigate. Please call us at 888-222-2228 to further discuss your depression and what can be done. Our Help Line is 24-7 so we will always be here for you. Also the National Suicide Prevention Help Line in 1-800-273-8255. Thanks for posting here and please call us!

Sincerely,

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X