My Friend is Depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friend is Depressed

Recently my friend was forced to move to florida. We text and call everyday but she does not fit in at her new school unlike her sister and its like a replay of the past 2 years for her. She has been cutting and drinking, as well as being on perscribed anti depressants to treat her seasonal affective disorder. But she needs help and I just cant get through to her and I am worried one day it is just gonna become too much and she might try to kill herself or one day she will just end up drinking herself to death. It has been messing with me too and its all I think about. I just cant keep a clear head and she needs help. I need advice on how to get through to her.

Hello, thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR regarding your friend! It is really great that she has someone like you to talk to and go to when she is feeling down. Perhaps you could try talking to her about positive things that she may enjoy; for example maybe sports or clubs. You could also try suggesting that she join an after school activity at school to help make new friends if she hasn't joined one already. I know you stated she is on some medications; you could also suggest that she continue to see a therapist to cope with how she is feeling or that she talk to a trusted adult or parent. Here are some websites regarding cutting where she can get some resources www.selfinjury.com & www.selfharm.net which also has a message board she can post to regarding how she is feeling. You can also try getting her to call us at 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. I hope this helps, you can also give us a call anytime as well!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X