Helping a friend???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping a friend???

One of the girls in my grade is being made fun of. This is because a boy likes her, but the boy isn't very popular. The girl (lets call her Z) is extremely nice and is one of my friends. I want to help her out because there is no reason for her to be bullied, but I'm not sure what to do. She doesn't want to go to the guidance counselor... How can I stop it?

Bullying is never fun for anyone, no matter what the reason. Even if you are not the one getting bullied it can definitely be hard to watch, and it is great to hear that you want to help stop the bullying even though you aren't directly involved. As a classmate of this girl there are a lot of ways you can help reduce the bullying, in addition to going to a counselor.

One of the most helpful ways is to try and connect with the girl that is getting bullied. Let her know you are there for her, and that she can talk to you about what is going on. Sometimes when a person is getting bullied, having a person they can turn to makes the bullying not feel so bad.

If you feel confident enough, you can also try standing up to the bully if you are witnessing the bullying taking place. There are lots of non-confrontational ways to stand up to bullying. One way is that if you witness the boy bullying Z one day, you can just walk over and interrupt the situation and pull Z away. This type of an action stops the bully from being able to focus on Z as a target, and allows you to physically remove her from the situation. You can also try just making sure that Z always has a friend with her when the bully is normally around. Many bullies wont confront someone if they are in a group or with someone else, so this may help Z from getting confronted. The last way, is that you or Z can verbally respond to the bully with phrases that show that neither of you care about what he is saying. If you want to talk more about these types of phrases or other anti-bullying strategies feel free to call 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X