New friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New friend

So there's this new girl in my school, and she's REALLY nice. Me and my two closest friends really want to get to know her, because I really want to make new friends this year. The thing is, I'm not sure if she really wants to be friends with us. She's nice to us and she hangs around us sometimes but she's never as enthusiastic about hanging out with us as we are. She stopped sitting with us at lunch because lately she's been sitting with the more popular group, and i really wanted to be her friend. I've asked to hang out with her but she's always busy and she doesn't seem to enthusiastic about making plans with me and my friends. Idk what to do!! Am I being too pushy? But I really don't want to give up on her yet!

It's great that you want to make new friends. It is also important to look at this from the new girl's perspective. Since she is new to the school she may just be trying to get to know everyone right now. It can be very overwhelming to change schools and have to make all knew friends. If she doesn't sound enthusiastic there could be other things in her life that she is dealing with. Maybe just let her know that you would like to hangout sometime when she is free and leave it at that. That way she gets the space she needs but is also able to make her own choices. If you need more help give 2ndFloor Youth Helpline a call anytime 888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X