Attention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention

Recently, my two friends found out that I used to cut myself. But I stopped, and I'm fine now. My guidance counselor and everyone found out and they even made me a card! After my two friends found out, one of them, let's call her Orange for now, she started acting weird. Like on a random day out of the week she would start dressing black and acting all sad and depressed. And she never did that before. It's once a week. Like seriously, I wish I had her life. It's perfect. She lives with both of her parents, and they're just like my second parents, shoot, they're even better! She's pretty wealthy. Like seriously, she spends over 500 dollars on sports equipments that she doesn't even need. She's really good at sports and singing. She's popular, like 10 different guys like her, including my ex! Everyone in town knows her. She's a huge bragger and she loves to talk about herself a lot. And it's weird because she's like, "Oh my god I'm so fat and I haven't ate anything all day." I used to starve myself and she says that aloud. But then the next she's like, 'I love my body and did you see the bikini pic I posted just now?" Then she's like, 'I'm so depressed now. Everyone hates me.' And she knows damn well that that isn't true. Then the next she's like, 'Not to sound conceited, but a whole bunch of guys liked my photo!' And when she says depressing stuff like that, she says it ALOUD, so everyone can hear her! And people are giving her a whole bunch of attention and stuff. And it's starting to annoy me because it feels like she's mocking me. I never told anyone about my self harm and starving, including her, and after I somehow got unwanted attention for it, she wanted to do it too. She doesn't self harm, but she takes rubber bands and puts it to her wrists and shows everyone. My other friend has been friends with Orange since they were in diapers and we both know that she's only doing it for attention. I thought it was just me who knew that, but everyone, like 9 or 10, agreed. It's really annoying me and I love her to death, but how do I get her to stop asking for attention?

First, it is great that you reached out for help when you were self-injuring. It sounds like your guidance counselor and peers were a great support system for you. Well, there are two possibilities in this situation. If she is just trying to get attention, then perhaps you can try to talk to her about it and let her know how you feel. She may not even be aware that it is bothering you. Also, it is possible that she is actually feeling depressed at times, and that she is not just doing it for attention. It may be helpful to talk to her and determine what is going on. You may even want to discuss it with your guidance counselor, or encourage your friend to do the same. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X