Encouraging death?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encouraging death?

My friend wants to kill himself and we've all been trying to help him but he has another influence. His other friend is actually encouraging his death. She's saying that if that's what he wants then he should do it. Who's right and can you give me any advice on how to save them?

This is a really tough position to be in. It is really great that you reached out to us and that you are such a great friend, but if you are really scared that you friend is going to go through with it, then call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255. Someone will be able to assist your friend and get him the help that he needs. It is also helpful that you recognized that there is only so much you can do for your friend and should not carry that burden on your shoulders. Your friend needs professional help so don't hesitate to reach out to someone if you feel he is in real danger of committing suicide. You can also encourage him to talk to someone, perhaps you can say to him "I am here if you need to talk or want someone to vent to, but I think you should try to get help from a doctor." You can even suggest some resources to him like talking to his parents, a therapist, his school counselor, an adult that he trusts, or 2NDFLOOR. I hoped this has helped some. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 09-22-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X