Need Someone to Talk to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Someone to Talk to

My friend was raped last week. She's been dating a drug dealer and had been doing drugs, and then that happened. I was at a party last night, and she was there drunk and in hysterics. My other friend told me what happened and I didn't believe him until I ran to her to give her a hug and she backed away from me, crying. She told me that she didn't trust me, she didn't trust anyone and she felt alone. She's had suicidal periods in the past and I thought they were done until she told me that night that she wanted to die, that she was worthless and it was all her fault. I told her that she mattered, that she was important and that it's never her fault, but she kept saying that it was over and over again. I asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she kept telling me that every time someone asked that, she had to relive it again and again. She kept asking me for ecstasy and coke, and was shaking uncontrollably. It was horrible to see her like this, I never have before and we've been friends since elementary school.
    Another friend of hers took her home, and she texted me the next day. Her texts were all misspelled and I knew she was high.
    I don't know what to do. I miss her so much, I don't know how to help her and that makes me cry. She's a strong person but I honestly don't know if she'll be able to get out of this. She has a bad drug and alcohol addiction, and she won't accept the help that I or anyone else offers.

This is a really tough position to be in. It is really great that you reached out to us to vent. It is also helpful that you recognized that there is only so much you can do for your friend, especially since she stated that she won’t accept help. You can try to talk to her about going to the local hospital’s ER to have a crisis assessment and even to get checked out after her assault, but if you really feel that she is going to act on her threats of ending her life then call the Police. They will go an evaluate the situation in a crisis.

Maybe you can say just say to her, "I am here if you need to talk or want someone to vent to or if you want help." You may even want to suggest some resources to him like talking to his parents, a therapist, a counselor (point out that you found it helpful), an adult that she trusts, 2NDFLOOR, or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, National Alcohol & Substance Abuse Info Center at (800) 784-6776, RAINN Sexual Assault at (800) 656-4673 & online @ www.rainn.org.
    Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help and if you just need someone to talk to!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X