Asking to be friends...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking to be friends...

I'm just starting my freshman year at high school after coming from a small school where I didn't need to socialize with a lot of people. Since November, I've been growing apart from my old friend group after I realized they're not as nice as I originally thought. Some other really kind girls invited me to sit with them at lunch one day, and I've sat with them for about a week now, but I still feel like I'm third wheeling (there are more than 3 girls- I'm just using that term.) I feel like I don't know them well enough to have a chat, but at the same time I want to be friends. I just don't know if they feel the same way, and I don't wanna embarass myself by saying something personal or asking one of them to hang out outside of school. I don't know what to do to take these friendships to the next level, even though I really want to. Does anyone know what I should say to break the ice/ask to be friends?
    Also, I don't have snap (strict parents) if that's any help with advice.

Glad you reached out. Maybe ask about their lunches since they asked you to sit with them, it’s a start to a conversation so if they’re eating something then maybe ask what’s your favorite snack? Sandwich? Fruit? Or something like that. It can lead to other conversation. Be yourself, genuine conversations are a way find true friendships. Good luck and if you want to talk about this or anything text or call anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X