Idk how to manage friendships

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk how to manage friendships

I have been told be a leader than a follower but I allows find myself being a follower. Back in my old elementary school, I used to have a good friend I would hang out with. Thing went south during my 5 grade when she introduced her friend I have never known before. After that we completely stopped hanging out and I started to become
    more jealous (I felt bad for even being jealous).

When I transferred to a new school I ended up being in a friend group with three girls. Stupidly enough, I ended up breaking my friendship with a really nice girl just to be with the other girls. When I saw that friendship was not going to last, I became friends with a couple of other girls.

Surprisingly enough, we maintained a good friendship. The problem was that I felt excluded to the point I couldn’t talk to them and was nervous to ask to hang out. I would also grow jealous if they all hung out and I never was invited. They were really nice girls who liked me and I also liked them, but I don’t think I expressed my feeling to them enough then I should’ve. This year now that I am in 11th grade, my friendship with them somewhat ended.

Now I’m trying to hang with a group of girls who are my friends, but it’s difficult for me to ask them if all know each other better then I could. Especially this one girl who is friends with all of them and I don’t think she likes me. They all have group chats with each other, they hang out in far places, and over all have a good life. I’ve grown jealous of that and it make me feel bad that I am. I have no right to be mad or jealous at them because I feel some of them like me. There’s even this one friend who is open to hear my problems, but I don’t wanna tell her my problems every day that’s not fair to her.

I know it’s my fault that I exclude myself from them, and I’m self aware I could be the problem. This had resorted into sometime cutting myself and sometimes drinking. I’ve talked about my depression to my parents just yesterday and there looking for a therapist at the moment. In the meantime I need advice on my problems cause im afraid my personal problems will have a affect on my grade.

I am sorry you are going through this but I am glad you reached out. I would suggest hanging out with the girls you like you and try not to worry about the others. You might have to push yourself a little out of your comfort zone but it sounds like you have been friends in the past with lots of nice girls, so reach out to the ones that are friendly towards you. If you would like to discuss this further, plese call or text 2ndfloor at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X