is it all my fault

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it all my fault

im 16 and im depressed, my parents dont want me on meds even though i think it would be better for me, they didnt let me voice my thoughts on this and quickly turned meds down. now today, i told them about my teacher, who had bought me shoes because the ones i had were falling apart. i explained to my teacher what had happened and why they didn't get me new ones. today they decided to get me new ones to return the ones my teacher gave me. though they didn't, i was being picky about the shoes as i didn't rlly want the ones that they wanted me to get. i wanted to tell them i have a style of my own and it best describes me, they say theyll always support me but they never have. its always "we support you in your decisions, but we think youre dumb and embarrassing for choosing that." they turned this all into a big deal, and took away my phone. im on my school laptop writing this. i just want to be happy and have things go my way for once. i tried to runaway too, but they threatened to call the cops on me for running away even though they said they didn't care what i did anymore. i dont know what to do anymore, my body feels heavy and i dont want to suffer anymore like this. i cannot wait until im 18 so i can be free.

Glad you reached out. That sounds hard if you feel that your parents don’t support your mental health and provide for you. If you feel that you need help talk to your teachers and your school counselor. Often times they can have a family meeting with your parents and you if you need help with school or therapy. Even use the school school counselor for support, it’s a resource available to you. Is there any trusted adult in your life you can confide in? Uncle? Aunt? Maybe think about talking to your school about a work study program sometimes they have them in high school and that way you could start earning some money to get things you need. Stay strong and if you need to chat more, text or call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X