I despise my father and step mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I despise my father and step mom.

I am in the 10th grade and I truly despise my current parents. It honestly started when I was born. He had been constantly involved with drugs and gang violence, and was just never really there for me. But five years ago he randomly decided to want to be in my life. He had started to get clean, met my step mother and rented out an apartment. We had gone out to amusement parks, along with my sister and I spending nights at their apartment. Soon after we started spending the night I had my first period and bled through my pants. In a complete panic I had just thrown it under the sink and called it a day, terrified that they would be mad at me. My step mother had found them and immediately started to scream at me and call me dirty, making me cry. As soon as my father heard he started to do the same. The difference though is when my father is angry he likes to scream at the top of his lungs and hit things. He had thrown a wet towel at my face (which doesn't sound bad at all but it hurt) and continued to call me dirty for something out of my control. He still treats my step siblings with so much love and adoration me and my sisters had to beg for at their age. He doesn't take my DIAGNOSED depression seriously, nor my sister's BPD. I can't deal with him anymore and constantly just want to leave but I have nowhere who cares enough to go to.

I am sorry that you are going through a hard time, it can't feel good to have your dad call you names and throw things at you and it is not okay. Sorry that happened and it is normal to get your period of course, perhaps they were upset that you left the bloody pants under the sink but hey did not handle the situation very well. You mentioned that you live with your dad and step mom, but is there anyone else you can talk to about this? Mom? Trusted person ? aunt? uncle? Even a school counselor might help with support and be able to be there for you. What about the professional that diagnosed you, try talking to them about what is going on. Hang in there and keep your head up! When you find yourself really upset try this breathing bubble https://youtu.be/9tOJZQhO_Uw and this resource offers tips on coping as well https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us/mental-health-101/. If you want to talk about this or anything please call or text 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X