I feel like I'm never good enough for my parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I'm never good enough for my parents

I am always being compared to people who are taller, skinnier, and prettier than me. I feel sick and tried of my parents always telling me that I will never get a guy or nobody will like me. Why do they do this I ask myself, most of the time I make an excuse like they are only trying to help me, but I hate it because the person I love the most treats me like garbage. I wish they can just tell me that they are proud of me instead just rolling their eyes at me. I wish they can comfort me when I feel sad and acknowledge my effort. But they are always talking bad about me to other people.

Thanks for reaching out to 2nd Floor talk about how your parents make you feel. Sometimes our parents can push their own insecurities about themselves on to us. None of what you experience is your fault. You are worthy of having someone love you and say good things about you exactly as you are. If you would like to talk about this more you can text or call us 24/7 at 888-222-2228. We are always here for you.

Comment

I am glad that you shared your feelings about this. My parents also always compared me to other kids. But, honestly I think trying to tell your parents about your thoughts might be a possible solution. I would hope that after they hear what your thoughts have been they would change how they speak to you. But, you deserve to have someone to love you and respect you the way you are.

Comment

My parents always are comparing me to my 15 yrs old cousin because she does everything right I tried telling her that I try my best but all she did is ignored me...i don't like my mom she doesn't value me and sometimes I think of suicided but I am too afraid of it

Comment

Sorry you feel this way that must be really hard. I know you mentioned that you talked to your mom about your feelings and no response from her, maybe you could write a note Explaining your feelings sometimes that can be easier. Just know you are valued and enough so keep your head up. Reach out to a school counselor to vent if you are comfortable with that it can help you just to vent. Please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 8002738255 if you need immediate assistance you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime 888-222-2228. Here is a helpful resource as well at https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us/mental-health-101/.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X