Volleyball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball

My parents have been trying to get me to play volleyball for my school for such a long time and I really don't want to. I've never had an interest in volleyball but they have their hearts set on it. When they found out that I didn't go to the first summer practice, they told me that I'm grounded until I start going to volleyball. So now it's the middle of July and I've been sitting inside for the past few days because I really don't want to do it. I have no interest in it, I don't know anyone who does it and I've never played before except in gym class where I didn't enjoy it. I tried to talk to my parents to figure out some other kind of arrangement such as a different fall sport but they said that volleyball is the only option or I'm grounded for the rest of the summer. I really don't want to waste my summer inside not being able to see my friends or do anything.

I am sorry to hear that your parents are not willing to listen to your feelings that must be very frustrating. Maybe you can reach out to an aunt, uncle, grandparent, or someone you trust and share your feelings about volleyball so they can possible talk to your parents with you. Maybe if a third party supports you your parents might be willing to listen. It’s worth a try! Another suggestion is to write them a letter telling them about how you feel, I know you said that you did talk to them but sometimes a written note can get the message across differently. Ultimately, it is your choice to play or not play volleyball. Your parents cannot force you to play something and the longer they insist the more they are pushing you away from them. I hope this has helped and if you want to talk further, call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X